Web Press Operators
NOW HIRING EXPERIENCED WEB PRESS OPERATORS
Adam’s Publishing Group is looking for EXPERIENCED WEB PRESS OPERATORS to fill positions on all shifts at our Princeton, MN printing facility. Pressmen are responsible for the overall performance of press; to include, production, efficiency, quality, material usage, safety, and maintenance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes, but not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
· Correctly make ready press from information on job ticket.
· Carry out accurately and precisely detailed instructions from job orders.
· Monitor product for quality during job runs. Check preciseness of detail against specifications and proof.
· Communicate to management concerns relating to specific jobs, press performance and crew performance.
· Follow process control and quality control procedures.
· Practice safe work habits. Understand and follow company and industry safety rules.
· Follows instructions carefully and accurately.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Previous press experience with a background in cold set web production and a strong understanding of the offset printing process and web press operations.
· Requires thorough knowledge of offset printing procedures, materials and specifications, equipment, and safety requirements and skills to perform assignments.
· Skill to read and understand job specifications and knowledge of press capabilities to determine the most appropriate press usage, press settings and materials needed to run the job successfully.
· Quality-conscious and production-oriented
· Capable of setting priorities and attention to detail
· Able to work without supervision
· Good mechanical aptitude and skills
· Demonstration of professional conduct and cooperative behavior with co-workers