NY CREATES is a leading research and development hub as well as a commercialization facilitator in advanced digital, analog, and power technologies.
This position requires leadership, organization, and coordination in support of the Northeast Regional Defense Technology Hub (NORDTECH). NORDTECH is one of eight Microelectronics Commons hubs established by the United States Department of Defense (DoD). The NORDTECH hub brings together experts from small and medium-sized semiconductor manufacturers, community colleges and universities, and major companies that are service providers and leaders in semiconductor device design, fabrication, and production. NORDTECH participants contribute access to core facilities and infrastructure for the hub to leverage in selected R&D projects and drive related education and workforce development activities to fulfill the technological and economic advancement promise of the Microelectronics Commons initiative.
The role of Program Director includes the following duties:
- Assisting the Technical Director and senior staff in assuring compliance against the terms, deliverables, and milestones outlined in the NORDTECH prime contract.
- Coordinating the executive staff and underlying personnel in the administrative system that guides day-to-day operations, supporting the development and maintenance of processes, procedures, and communications that enable NORDTECH to fulfill its mission and goals.
- Coordinating and supporting the external presence of NORDTECH via reports, newsletter content generation, conference coordination, and other outreach, as required.
- Acting as a liaison on behalf of the hub with its internal and external stakeholders, including government sponsors, members, potential members, and partners, as well as State and local officials, executives and staff members of NYCREATES, The Research
- Foundation for SUNY, and the public; meeting planning and facilitation, travel planning and facilitation, presentation preparation, communications with Hub members, potential members, and representatives of the Department of Defense and other government agencies, and review and editing of critical documents.
- Facilitating and coordinating the efforts of senior leadership toward the establishment of NORDTECH's project portfolio, from strategic alignment of projects and programs to portfolio categories and criteria, through proposal, evaluation, selection and prioritization, to contracting, execution, tracking and measuring the achieved results.
- Developing and maintain Project Award Agreements and project records for each organization participating in projects within NORDTECH's portfolio.
- Creating and maintaining project portfolio documentation and artifacts to track project proposals, plans, contracts, budgets, changes, deliverables, and the progress of each project.
- Facilitating the planning, coordination, and oversight of project scopes, deliverables, milestones, schedules, and dependencies across the projects and programs in the portfolio and resolve or escalate conflicts.
- Tracking project changes and implementing changes to the contract documents.
- Collaborating with executives and principal investigators to generate project progress reports and conduct reviews with Government sponsors, leadership team, governance bodies, and members to communicate progress and to validate and assess the project portfolio.
- This position requires a bachelor's degree in the area of business, management, marketing, economics or computer science, engineering, or a related field from a college or university accredited by the U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization OR equivalent relevant professional experience.
- The incumbent must have a minimum of ten years of relevant professional experience.
- The Program Director will possess clear and well-reasoned verbal and written communications, including a professional telephone presence and email etiquette.
- The incumbent must have experience in project management best practices and standards, working with stakeholders and collaborating in a cross-functional team environment.
- Additionally, the Program Director must possess the ability to interface with customers and internal partners at various levels within an organization.
- Work independently; prioritize demands in a fast-paced environment; have strong organization skills; and have experience with Microsoft Project or equivalent software.
- This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background investigation.
- This position may be subject to annual background investigations.
- Candidates must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- Fifteen years of professionally responsible work experience in a similar position
- Project Management Professional certification from the Project Management Institute
- Master of Business Administration
- Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Competitive Pay and PTO
- Flexible Heath Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Basic / Optional Life Insurance
- Post-Retirement Health Insurance
- Employer contribution of 7% of earnings to a Basic Retirement plan after meeting one year of service.
- Optional employee contributed retirement account.
Salary Range: $120,000-$150,000
*Posted range is determined upon experience and education.
Location: 257 Fuller Road, Albany, NY 12203
Don't meet every requirement? At NY Creates we are dedicated to building a welcoming, diverse and inclusive workplace. If you are excited about working for NY Creates but your experience doesn't exactly align perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway, you might still be a perfect fit or a fit for another role at NY Creates.
Employment is with the Research Foundation for SUNY which is an Equal opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply, please call Human Resources at 518-437-8686.