P&F Metals is Hiring! We’re looking for an Experienced Millwright.
Due to exponential growth, P&F Metals is looking for a talented Millwright to join our team. You would work at our Headquarters in Turlock. Not only does P&F Metals offers tremendous growth and career opportunities, we also offer the following:
• Excellent Pay
• Company Funded 401K
• Medical, Dental & Life Insurance
• Paid Vacations
• Management That Truly Values Its’ Employees
• Ongoing Training & More
P&F Metals serves A-List clients in the Food and Beverage, Agriculture and Industrial arenas. This exciting opening calls for a high-precision Millwright. You will work with a highly skilled team in a variety of areas. Must have 3 years of experience in welding, cutting, using gas & electric types of equipment and 2 to 3 years experience in dismantling, moving, repairing, and installation of heavy equipment.
P&F Metals and its employees are looking forward to you joining our team.
Pay Range: $25 - $40 per hour - DOE
Under the general direction, install dismantle, or move machinery and heavy equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, or other drawings.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
• Perform varied mechanical duties such as dismantling, moving, repairing and installing. Repair power shafting, pulleys, hoists, conveyors, and other facility equipment. Start up and shut down equipment in line with company safety procedures for equipment under power as well as OSHA requirements.
• Replace defective parts of machine or adjust clearances and alignment of moving parts.
• Align machines and equipment using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and plumb bobs.
• Connect power unit to machines or steam piping to equipment and tests unit to evaluate its mechanical operation.
• Repair and lubricate machines and equipment.
• Assemble and install equipment using hand tools and power tools.
• Position steel beams to support bedplates of machines and equipment, using blueprints and schematic drawings, to determine work procedures.
• Signal crane operator to lower basic assembly units to bedplate and aligns unit to centerline.
• Erect scaffolding and disassemble upon completion of the job, as required.
• Insert shims, adjust tension on nuts and bolts, or position parts using hand tools and measuring instruments to set specified clearances between moving and stationary parts.
• Move machinery and equipment using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
• Attach moving parts and subassemblies to basic assembly unit using hand tools and power tools.
• Always work safely and abide by P&F Metals safety policy as well as observe safety procedures and correct potentially unsafe conditions or immediately report to the appropriate person if unable to correct.
• Other duties as directed, assigned or instructed.
Any combination of experience and education that would prepare the candidate for the duties and responsibilities of the position are acceptable.
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
• Training in industrial technology, mechanical drawing, mathematics, blueprint reading is highly desirable.
• Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience in dismantling, moving, repairing, and installation of heavy equipment, preferred.
• Three (3) years’ experience in welding, cutting and brazing using gas and electric types of equipment.
Apprentice Millwright Mechanic
Apprentice Millwrights will work under the direct supervisor of the Millwright or Millwright Supervisor, to gain experience.
• One (1) years’ experience in dismantling, moving, repairing, and installation of heavy equipment, preferred.
• One (1) year experience in welding, cutting and brazing using gas and electric types of equipment.
• Ability to understand how a machine functions and to assemble and disassemble it properly.
• Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures, construct foundations and assemble, dismantle and overhaul machinery and equipment.
• Safely perform all types of welding, cutting and brazing, using gas and electric equipment.
• Follow verbal and oral instructions.
• Safely operate a variety of hand tools.
• Operate hoisting and lifting equipment.
• Fill out all necessary paperwork daily and weekly, including timekeeping, material usage, etc.
• Work independently.
• Work closely with co-workers and other site contractors in a professional and respectful manner.
• Work at heights.
• Operations of field equipment, including but not limited to drills, grinders, speedy cuts and various hand tools.
• OSHA and safety regulations.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
• A valid California Class C Driver's License and the ability to maintain insurability.
• Abide by all P&F Metal’s policies, safety guidelines and rules.