As the Marketing Manager, this person leads with an innovative and creative approach that builds upon the True North Equipment Vision and Mission resulting in a greater presence in the large region we serve. All of this, while producing exceptional levels of customer awareness, engagement, and satisfaction. Defines initiatives with a leadership support team to complement True North Equipment as an industry leader. Our goal is to continue to effectively deliver high levels of Customer and Employee Experiences, that in turn result in exceptional bottom-line performance and effectively engaging, retaining, developing, and attracting great dealership talent.
True North Equipment has been in business since 1949 and has 10 locations with over 220 employees. Our employees are the key to our success and have helped us get to where we are today, operating in two states across the Red River Valley. True to our Values...Driven by You!
It takes our entire team to make True North Equipment exceptional. We strongly desire individuals who are self-starters and hard workers, always willing to dive into a new challenge and who are eager to learn. We strive to provide you with limitless opportunities for growth and education that will challenge you. Most importantly, we want you to have fun working at TNE!
You’ll focus on:
* Defines and develops a commonsense executable marketing plan that is highly aligned with the True North Equipment Vision and Mission around Total AOR Leadership
* Provides strategic marketing plans, and builds brand awareness of True North Equipment
* Collaborate with senior leadership to develop a comprehensive and aligned strategic marketing plan for new and used complete goods and aftermarket solutions.
* Leads and further enhances the True North Equipment brand strategy with support from the marketing and leadership team
* Develops in collaboration with True North Equipment Leadership and department managers a unified and ever-changing Merchandising and Display strategy at the retail locations
* Ability to demonstrate a strong social media and community involvement presence in our large AOR (Area of Responsibility)
* Leads the development and enhancement of the dealer brand through communication, and assessment of marketing tactics that reach targeted prospects
* Executes all public relations activities and strategy for True North Equipment
* Creates marketing content and event information on all True North Equipment social media platforms
* Research and analyze market trends. Utilize customer insight technologies to gain deeper customer understanding.
* Track and analyze the performance of advertising campaigns
* Network and build relationships and partner with key industry partners, agencies, and vendors
* Oversee marketing materials for TNE
* Ensures appropriate marketing communications for all departments
* Oversee and grow the True North Equipment website with relevant information and encourage employees to share content and pictures
* Take advantage of customer insight technologies to gain deeper customer understanding
* Gains a deep understanding of the customer experience process and engages in a strong and proactive marketing support approach
* Market major company customer events, tradeshows, and other similar activities
* Travel as needed to TNE locations to obtain marketing content
* Lead customer events as needed such as TNE Santa Day, John Deere Day of Play, Customer Appreciation Events, and more.
* Defines and manages the True North Equipment advertising budget; develops monthly, quarterly, and annual advertising activities (e.g. TV, radio, newspaper, internet, social media, etc.)
* Maintain a positive, engaging, and professional working relationship with peers, Deere & Co. talent team and management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service
* Manages recruiting, staffing, and employee development activities for employees reporting to this position
* Responsible for tracking project workflow and ensuring all project delivery dates are met
* Manage tradeshow collateral and booth properties. Ensuring consistency across the company footprint
* Ownership of the True North Equipment E-Commerce platform (Advertising, Analytics, Order Management)
* Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner
What We are looking for:
* 3+ years of managerial experience, which includes leadership, issue management, motivation and/or team building
* 3+ years in a broad range of marketing and communications job functions
* 2+ years of Graphic design experience preferred with creative writing and art
* The role will be based out of our True North Equipment Resource Center in Grand Forks, ND
* Knowledge of various communication skills such as design, editing, photography, audiovisual, web, journalism, marketing, and advertising
* Campaign management skills including the following elements: design offers, strategy, timing, printed materials, advertising, public relations messaging, interactions, plans, and measurements for advertising campaigns
* Highly engaged in embracing and understanding the Agricultural, Turf, and * Compact Construction Industry.
* Ability to be a team player, to lead, engage, and inspire others
* Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communications
* Possess an outgoing personality and ability to engage with others as well as the ability to be a team player, to lead, engage, and inspire others.
* Strong social media participation and understanding
* Proven ability to communicate effectively one-on-one and in team settings
* Demonstrated knowledge to identify and leverage customer tendencies, unmet needs, and product differentiators and be able to build successful strategies
* Ability to handle multiple tasks, and possess strong organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
* Proven ability to analyze and interpret internal and external marketing data
* Familiar with statistical analytic applications and market research practices preferred
* Proven ability to be creative and innovative preferred
* Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or equivalent experience
Total Rewards Package:
The opportunity to build a great career path, industry-leading benefits, a fun environment, and owners working alongside us each day!
* Salary: Dependent on years of Marketing leadership experience
* Insurance: Health insurance with 100% single premium paid, 75% SPD or family premium paid; TNE covers 50% of all dental and vision premiums; 100% of short/long-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
* 401K: TNE offers 401K with company matching for qualified employees because who doesn’t want to save for retirement!
* PTO: Our generous PTO package is awarded to you on your FIRST day of employment. Take time off, we encourage it!
* Holidays: We have 7 paid holidays and a few other special days for you to spend with your favorite people.
* Professional Development: Continuous professional training and growth opportunities because we value your growth at TNE.
* Community Involvement: Give back to your community with our paid time off for you to volunteer. You can also use this time for your doctors’ appointments, too!
* Parental Leave: If you’re expecting or looking to start a family, we have paid parental leave because you have waited long enough for your bundle(s) of joy!
AND SO MUCH MORE!
All full-time hires must pass a pre-employment background check and drug/alcohol screening.
True North Equipment is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. True North Equipment will not discriminate against or harass any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance.